Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ARIZONA: "I CAN SING A RAINBOW, SING A RAINBOW"

What is the first color you think of when you hear the name "Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument"? Dusty green? Brown? Gray? Bob and I just spent a weekend there and at nearby Puerto Penasco, Mexico. This is NOT what we saw:


I can tell you that dusty green, brown, and gray were at the bottom of the color list. In fact, it was so gorgeous that an old children's song from my long-ago past kept running through my head:

RED
AND YELLOW
AND PINK
AND GREEN,

PURPLE

AND ORANGE

AND BLUE
I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow too!

4 comments:

  1. The desert, particularly in spring, is a wonderful place to be. Thanks for coming and experiencing it with me. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post--Sunday when we drove to church all the hills were green and glorious. It's a lovely time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people don't understand why I love the desert. I get asked all the time. I'm just going to refer them to this post.

    ReplyDelete